To ensure that your moving day runs as smoothly as possible, we have put together some useful information and advice to help you prepare for the big day...
- Before the packing begins, take the opportunity to get rid of unwanted items. This makes packing much easier and more efficient.
- If you choose to carry out your own packing, please make sure to use boxes which are both strong enough and of an appropriate size, and do not over-pack. We can source suitable packing materials. Contact us to request a price list. You should also ensure that each box is labelled with the room they are going to and that all fragile items are well protected.
- Most drawers and trunks can be moved with their contents intact providing there are no breakables contained inside.
- Fridges and freezers should be defrosted and cleaned at least 24 hours in advance of the move date.
- Our team will not disconnect gas or electrical items. Please ensure that your cooker and any ceiling lights that you are taking with you have been correctly disconnected.
- Unless agreed and quoted in advance, you should ensure that dishwashers and washing machines have been disconnected and emptied of all water.
- You should take down curtains, curtain poles, shelving, small pictures and mirrors. Large mirrors and pictures can be left in place but please make one of the team aware that assistance is required.
- Unless agreed and quoted in advance, please dismantle beds and wardrobes. If you do require one of our team to dismantle and reassemble furniture, please note that we cannot guarantee the final condition as many of these items are designed to be assembled just once.
- We will bring special wardrobe containers with us on the day for the transport of your hanging clothing. All other clothing and bedding etc can be packed into suitcases, bin bags or boxes. Wardrobe containers will be taken away at the end of the day.
- Electrical equipment such as TVs, computers and stereos should be disconnected and transported in the original packaging where possible. A good tip is to label each wire so you know how to reconnect the equipment in your new home.
- Our team will not empty lofts so please ensure that all items have been removed.
- Is there sufficient access for the removal van at both ends of the move? If there are going to be access problems, this must be discussed with us prior to the move date so appropriate arrangements can be made.
- Empty the bins and try not to water plants the day before the move as this results in heavier pots and the potential for some muddy footprints!
We think that just about covers everything but if you have any questions just give us a call and we will be more than happy to help.
Our aim is to take the stress out of moving!